Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Leaving on a jet plane...

Things are busy at our house this week, as Abb and I are planning for a much needed adult trip. Suitcases are being packed, out of town preparations are being made and childcare arrangements are being finalized. There is a flurry of activity and with our flight scheduled to leave in less than 48 hours, it will be a miracle if we make it J.
We are headed to San Juan for a few days and then we will set sail on a four day cruise. We are both so excited about getting the chance to revisit St. Bart’s (where we spent our honeymoon) and explore two new islands (Anguilla and Prickly Pear). More than the locations we will be visiting; it is the promise of uninterrupted sleep and adult conversation that we are most excited about.
I will say that in preparing to leave, the mommy guilt has really kicked in. In the last two weeks Ford has learned to sit up on his own, has begun crawling and has cut two teeth. My biggest fear is that in the seven days we will be gone, he will accomplish some major milestone that I will miss. I had a serious talk with him last night and gave him strict instructions that he is NOT to pull up, say his first word, blow a kiss or wave bye bye while we are gone. I am quickly learning that he does things whenever HE pleases, so we shall see.
On the bright side, our vacation is providing Ford with some serious grandparent bonding time and if he is to do something exciting while we are away, I know that his Grammy, Pops or Oma Cindy will be there to witness it. As a baby, I spent a lot of time with my grandparents and I am convinced that this bonding time early in life led to our close relationship. Ford is truly blessed with amazing grandparents who love him SO much. What I should be most worried about is him being spoiled beyond recognition upon our return.
Pictures of both our adventure and Ford’s adventure to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment